Friday, March 24, 2006

Thursday 23rd March and Friday 24th March

Less than a week gone and already I'm falling behind. Hello to all my new readers - and thanks for the kind comments and tips.

So two days and another 14 posts. Not a great deal to say about most of them again.

This post on Paul Krugman is weird. It's admittedly rather hypocritical for a Watcher like myself to label someone else obsessive but Worstall does seem to have some issues with Professor Krugman. Today's post is particularly strange. I think Worstall's entire criticism is that Krugman uses the word 'rich', which means someone with a large wealth, when he is really describing someone with a large income. That rather minor linguistic quibble gets him so overexcited he begins the post:

Oh dear. Ooops, indeed. Even Heh.

For otherwise there is nothing wrong with Krugman's analysis. As pointed out in the comments, Gates' has an enormous income, far higher than 'middle class'. Furthermore spending your wealth does not make you have a negative income. Obviously.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

>That rather minor linguistic quibble gets him so overexcited he begins the post:
>> Oh dear. Ooops, indeed. Even Heh.

Dude, I think you can presume that your readers are capable of reading the start of Worstall's posts themselves.

Also, I notice that you've already becoming as handwavy and impressionistic as Tim has himself become.

9:37 AM  
Blogger Areyousurethere said...

I presume nothing of my readers.

I agree thought abou the handwavy and impressionistic bit. We become what we most despised, eh?

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home